There are a lot of thing that have been said about advertising. It is common though that advertising is a stressful yes exciting area too. It requires imagination, skills and a lot of effort to be successful. You have to think what the others are going to think. You have to be one step forward from everybody. There are some ‘’rules’’ you have to follow in order to be successful. Let’s see the most important of those. This guide is provide by MediaGroup Worldwide.
- First of all, before you start advertising, think about why you want to advertise. It is something that is not clear to many. Do you want to present a new product? Do you want to increase your business’ popularity? Do you want to promote a new offer? What exactly do you want to succeed? You have to give an answer to yourself before you start everything.
- Find your target group. And since you are confident about the reason you are advertising, now think about the “target market” you want to point to. Ideal readers are prospective buyers. Ideal is the client you want to have hundreds of them. If you can not identify them – then you can not even find them! You want to point only those who are more likely to buy. Identify your “ideal” customer and solve half the puzzle!
- What do you want to say through your ad? Express your message clearly. You should know that people are making 2 questions. The first is: Why should I buy it? The second is: Why should I buy it from you? If you can not answer them you have failed. Everything else is not important.
- Select the correct mean of advertising. In order to choose the right advertising mean, you must first know who your message is pointing to. Now think about: which newspapers are most likely to read? What kind of magazine do they read? What radio stations are most likely to listen to? Which web-site they visit? Do they use Facebook frequently? You should have an answer for the above questions.
- Write as you speak. Avoid technical terminology and words that will impress. You are most likely to confuse your “readers – prospective customers”. Most people are more comfortable reading the way they talk.
- Sell solutions not products. Your customers are looking for solutions to their problems. They are not interested in your product or company, nor do you personally. All they care about is finding the best solution to their problem, as much as cheap and fast. Nothing else! Essentially, your product “stands” between them and the solution they are looking for – which costs them money! So change your approach and your way of thinking. Find the solutions your customers want and write in your ad how you can cover them.
- Spend a lot of time with your headline. First of all, let’s say your ad should have a headline. Do not put your logo and contact information on top. Write a title that will draw the attention of the reader. Write 10 titles before deciding who to use. The title is considered to be the advertising of advertising and you should pay great attention to it. Research has shown that the title is read six to seven times more than the rest of the ad.
- Ask your readers – potential customers to do something. Its funny how many ads do not include this step? Ask them to come and buy your product. Ask them to visit your website, get you phone, or go through your store. I do not know exactly what this will be for you, but ask them to do something!
- Choose efficiency from design. If everyone looks at the fancy design of your ad then it has failed. You do not want everyone to say “what a nice ad”. You want to “sell” – do not forget this. Proper design in an ad should be invisible. To highlight the points you need without playing the leading role.
- Continue testing. Measuring the results of advertising is the most important step in improving its effectiveness. If you make an entry in the newspaper and no one has gotten you, change the title or picture. Run at the same time two identical ads with a different title in two different newspapers, and with different communication phones. See which works best. On the internet, measuring the effectiveness of advertising is easier either using Google Ad words or Facebook Ads.
There are a lot more to consider, but by applying the above, you have certainly set the foundation for making your ads effective. If you feel that you need someone more experienced, it is not bad. You can search online how to select marketing agency and finally be guided by people who want you to succeed as you do too.